Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's 2011

Finding Pixie.  Pixie is me.  This is what my great-grandmother used to call me as a child, pixie girl.  I like it because it makes me think of her and it sometimes identifies how I feel in this big world - small.

So, it's both a new year and a new decade - must be time for some New Year's resolutions too.  I've been making resolutions, and mostly keeping them, for a few years now.  I've quit home parties (such as Partylite and Pampered Chef), not gained weight (hey, you've got to start somewhere) and the hardest of them all - following my happiness.  

My Happiness Project was a tough one.  To be honest, I lean towards pessimissm.  I guess I'm a positive pessimist vs. a negative one, if that even makes sense.  This year, I will continue my Happiness Project with the help of my friend Sarah.  We will be posting 1 item that we are each grateful for, each day on Facebook.  Why FB?  It's so visual.  It's so connected.  It's sometimes unforgivable and it will keep me committed.

Another resolution I will be continuing to work on is not letting my ex-husband stress me out.  This means not talking about him.  Not letting him in to my head when he complains about his problems and his life to me.  I will tune him out and/or politely change the subject.  I did pretty good with this one until the Holidays, so I'm back on that wagon now.  Enough said.


My biggest, and to me most important, resolution is to find myself.  Finding Pixie will be my journey in to realizing what makes me happy, what I want out of the rest of my life and, whenever possible, how I am making those things happen.  It's vital.  It's necessary.  It must be. And it's going to be a fun, crazy, wonderful ride.  

No comments:

Post a Comment